Richard “Chip” P. Cunningham, Jr.Chip's practice includes corporate finance, fund formation, public and private securities offerings, securities and broker dealer regulation, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters, with a focus on real estate related securities and private equity matters.
The following transactions are representative of Chips experience:
- Represented $1 billion public, non-traded REIT in its initial public offering.
- Represented numerous real estate syndicators in Regulation D private offerings, including offerings designed for Section 1031 exchanges under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Represented issuers and leading regional, national and international investment banking firms in initial and follow-on public offering for REITs.
- Advised SEC-registered investment advisor on structuring private fund and fund of funds.
- Represented broker dealer in private placement of value added real estate fund.
- Advised fund managers on Investment Company Act, Securities Act, Exchange Act, Investment Advisors Act, Trust Indenture Act and ERISA issues.